Menstrual Education Online
We provide practical and engaging menstrual education workshops to support the creation of a positive menstrual culture where you live, work, study and play.
Why train with us?
For instance for girls and other young menstruators:
- Many will start their period before they finish primary school(1), and many more will be wondering when they will start
- Currently a majority of girls anticipate their periods with dread, disgust, embarrassment and even shame. Some experience period-shaming and bullying about the changes of puberty
- An overwhelming majority of women report a negative, poorly supported experience of menarche and this has not improved significantly for girls experiencing puberty today
Australian and international studies have linked girls’ experience of menarche and menstruation to impacts on:
- the risk of depression (3,6,9)
- self-esteem (2,7,8,9)
- body image (2,4,5,7,8,9,10)
- confidence in peer relationships (2,3,6,7,9)
- the confidence to make healthy choices (3,4,9)
- later childbirth experiences (5)
What can we do differently to create a more positive outcome for girls, women and other mensruators?
At school we can promote a positive menstrual culture with confident communication about preparation for menstruation, body literacy, menstrual management and self-care as a natural and easeful part of a girl’s life.
Menstrual Education Online programs are also available for organisations looking to implement a menstrual and/or menopausal policy, provide a supportive culture for all menstruators and those experiencing perimenopause and menopause, employees, clients and the public. Through our experience with diverse needs and settings we offer tailored and general programs, introductory or in depth, with a fully developed policy and implementation strategy.
Our Menstrual Education Online trainers are education, health and community service professionals with a special interest and skills in positive menstrual education. We have a commitment to bringing the best evidence, best resources and best practice to support you in your quest to create a positive menstrual culture in your school, workplace, sports or other organisation, and at home.
Enquire here for more about our online programs.